An alternative to fried fish and chips on a Friday night. I’m always drawn to recipes that are simple, yet impressive. This prosciutto-wrapped cod recipe is definitely that. Who says elegant dinners need to take all day? Seriously, no one has time for that. This delicious meal only takes 20 minutes to make. Total. It couldn’t be easier. And, of course, the flavors in this dish are just amazing.
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced
- 2 sprigs of rosemary, finely chopped
- 2 x 250 gms packs of cod fillets
- 4 slices of prosciutto
- 320 gms cherry tomatoes on the vine
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/fan 180°C/gas mark 6. Mix half the oil with the lemon zest, half the lemon juice and the rosemary. Brush this over the cod fillets. Lay the slices of prosciutto on a board and place one cod fillet on each slice. Wrap the prosciutto around the fillets and place in a roasting tin, lined with grease proof paper, with the seal on the underside. Squeeze over the remaining lemon juice.
- Place the cherry tomatoes around the cod fillets, and drizzle with the remaining oil. Season the whole tray with black pepper and bake in the oven for 10-12 minutes, until the fish is opaque and cooked through and the tomatoes have started to collapse, then serve.